The Guidepoint Events team turns questions into answers. The team strategizes topics that our clients need to know about and delivers events that answers questions before our clients think to ask them. The team hosts teleconferences, in-person meetings, and custom events, featuring Advisors in our network that best fit featured topics.
The Events Associate will be responsible for assisting the Events team in the organization and coordination of all company sponsored meetings and events including: teleconferences, breakfast/lunch meetings, educational seminars and groups meetings at events and conferences.
What You’ll Do:
- Contact clients to determine event interest, confirm advisors, send invitations to clients, oversee client RSVPs and compliance, manage all correspondence with advisors prior to meeting, assist in maximizing attendance at events, ensure event runs successfully, manage all on-site logistics, conduct post event cost analysis and review client charges
- Oversee teleconference and national in person events details including site selection, travel arrangements, vendor selection, food and beverage services, etc.
- Prepare expense budgets and negotiate contracts and cost with vendors and advisors
- Coordinate the schedules of multiple advisors to ensure optimized meeting agenda for given dates and times; Confirm the location, date and time with all advisors in advance of meeting
- Work closely with other team members to ensure successful execution of meetings
What You Have:
- Previous relevant work experience in events and/or conference management experience including contract negotiation and BEO management
- Experience working with CVENT (or other similar platform)
- Exceptional organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS-Office, Outlook, and Google Suite
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work some weekends or long, unpredictable hours
- Availability to travel and attend multi-day conferences when necessary
- Proficient in the use of the internet for research
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team atmosphere and autonomously
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.