Guidepoint’s Engineering team thrives on problem solving and creating happier users. As Guidepoint works to achieve it’s mission of making individuals, businesses, and the world smarter through personalized knowledge-sharing solutions, the engineering team is taking on challenges to improve our internal CRM system and create new products to optimize the seamless delivery of our services.
The Sr. Cloud Infrasctructure Architect will take an active ownership role in architecting, implementing and administration of Guidepoint’s Azure presence. The purpose of the role is to focus on delivering highly available, scalable enterprise IaaS/PaaS based solutions. The ideal individual will be an experienced multi-skilled person with a track record of Infrastructure engineering, Systems and Network administration and operations.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect and Implement Azure Infrastructure (IaaS, PaaS) solutions
- Administer / manage Guidepoint Cloud Operations and initiatives
- Evaluate and plan network design and security
- Provision for Failover and DR scenarios
- Institute best-practices and guidelines for cloud processes
- Train and guide the development team to best utilize Azure architecture
- Develop and document operational procedures, knowledge base, etc.
- Research and evaluate new cloud technologies
What You Have:
- Proven experience in cloud infrastructure projects with hands on experience in migration to public clouds such as Azure
- Solid understanding of Compute options available in Azure. Experience in creating and managing Virtual Machines using Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- At-least ten year experience in Windows, Linux and Network administration
- Proficient in implementing hybrid connectivity between Azure and on-premise using virtual networks, VPN and Express Route, as well as implementing vnet/subnets, Network Security Groups, Load balancers etc…
- Experience in evaluating and implementing appropriate storage
- Implement BCP/DR for Azure VMs (Azure Site Recovery)
- Implementing an Azure Active Directory
- Strong and in-depth knowledge of IT systems and web applications
- Experience with Azure DNS/ADFS/Office 365
- Excellent technical writing, organizational and coordination abilities
- Bachelors in information technology or computer science
- Work off-hours to meet the needs of off-hour maintenance and projects
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies such as Ansible, PowerShell
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies.