Guidepoint’s Engineering team thrives on problem solving and creating happier users. As Guidepoint works to achieve its mission of making individuals, businesses, and the world smarter through personalized knowledge-sharing solutions, the engineering team is taking on challenges to improve our internal CRM system and create new products to optimize the seamless delivery of our services.
Who are you? You should be a frequent visitor to Stack Overflow. A bonus if you are a frequent contributor. You are self-taught, even if you went to school for Comp Sci or engineering. You’ve learned ten times the amount with on the job experience than in academia. You learn twice that on your own that you can’t wait to apply professionally. You attend Meetups to learn new things and meet people with common interests.
What You’ll Do:
- Use modern web technologies to design and code responsive applications
- Incorporate unit testing (Karma or Jasmine)
- Collaborate with others and work well with developers, product management and QA
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodology (three week sprints)
- Code review peers
- Document technical implementations
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar
- 4+ years relative work experience
- Ability to solve complex design challenges with creativity, efficiency and with precision. Attention to detail is paramount
- Must be self-directed, confident and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, both written and spoken with both technical and not-so-technical people
What We Have:
- Competitive compensation
- Free snacks and beverages
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) match, life insurance, commuter benefits, corporate gym rates, paid time-off and parental leave plans
- Friday happy hour and “Summer Fridays”
- Year-round corporate athletic league
- Casual work environment
Guidepoint, a leading expert network firm, connects clients with vetted subject matter experts—Advisors—from their global professional network. Guidepoint clients leverage the insights and perspectives shared by Advisors to stay informed and make better business decisions. Its slate of services, including phone consultations, surveys, events and proprietary data insights products, help professionals gain comprehensive understanding of a topic before making strategic or investment decisions. Guidepoint’s multinational client list includes 9 of the top 10 consulting firms and some of the largest hedge funds, private equity firms and Fortune-ranked public companies. For more information, visit www.guidepoint.com.